Skip to main content

I have always thought that a a typical bully that Mr Christie is incapable of coming up with and idea on his own, like most bullies he relies on others to do the thinking for him.

In this light he was never really suited to be governor of New Jersey, but the surprising thing has always been how many endorsed him for such a roll. they should perhaps be questioning their own judgement.

That he has pretensions of being the President of the United States of America must be finally regarded to be absurd, unless we want to repeat the incompetence of G W Bush.

Chris Christie has proved that he has as much substance as warm air.

Or perhaps he would like to rethink his comments as being completely incompetent or actually complicit. Personally I think he is dumb enough to be believed, a blustering bully nothing more.

Some of us prefer to be responsible for our own actions and their consequences; no matter how ill conceived, only the truly vapidly vain would try to do otherwise.

So I believe Chris Christie, and the only logical conclusion is that he couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery on his own.  Sniff, poor, poor, Chris Christie, so concerned for himself as all dumb bullies are when they get their comeuppance.

Snicker

PS The bodies thrown under the bus will mount up until the bus is also unable to move.

EMAIL TO A FRIEND X
Your Email has been sent.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.

Add keywords that describe this diary. Separate multiple keywords with commas.
Tagging tips - Search For Tags - Browse For Tags

?

More Tagging tips:

You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?

You must be a member of a group to use this feature.

Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
(The diary will be removed.)
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?

Comment Preferences

•  Tip Jar. Snicker (26+ / 0-)

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." Arundhati Roy

by LaFeminista on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 02:17:05 AM PST

•  I see this whole Bridge-gate scandal... (13+ / 0-)

as being caused by either one of two possibilities:

Either Chris Christie is both incompetent and vindictive enough to be behind this egregious abuse of power -- OR -- he's the leader of a cult of sycophantic minions trying to please him.

Both possibilities preclude him from holding national office.

'Cuz freedom can't protect itself ~~ EFF ~ EPIC ~ ACLU

by markthshark on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 03:40:09 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  That's only if one supposes... (6+ / 0-)

... the average IQ of the majority of voters has increased since Dumbya was given his office in 2000, and he was "voted" into office again in '04.  Or that no one at all would have voted to put the Tundra Tramp within walking distance of the Oval Office in '08.

Both possibilities preclude him from holding national office.
        I guess I'm a bit too sensitive about it now, but I'm still reeling in disbelief and having PTSD flashbacks every time someone with a low IQ is mentioned as a candidate for any kind of office..., and is actually taken seriously!!!  At this rate, I'll have to have plastic surgery to keep my jaw in place instead of permanently on the floor because I've gone into another state of shock.  Even joking about it makes me cringe as I slip back into a state of PTSD.

Never, ever, underestimate the stupidity of the "average" voter or the ability of Moronic Media to sway favorable attention to their notion of a "good candidate."

Ooooooh, LOOK...!  Shiny Object!

by NonnyO on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 05:54:56 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  But would you want to have a beer with Christie? (4+ / 0-)

Isn't he an everyman sort of guy? And tough! And he swaggers!

I'm on a mission! http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1233352/51142428#c520 Testing the new site rules.

by blue aardvark on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 07:34:19 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Damn and was going to say waddles (5+ / 0-)

by LaFeminista on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 07:39:51 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Actually, d'wanna have a beer with anyone! (2+ / 0-)
            Recommended by:
            Unca Joseph, blue aardvark

Can't stand the taste of the stuff.

Whether or not a politician can have a drink of some kind with someone, or hunt a moose, or drive a snowmobile doesn't impress me in the least.  In fact, I'd rather they stayed stone cold sober, given that they have red phones (or the equivalent) and could greatly err in judgment while alcohol impaired their brains.

If he could do Irish hard-shoe dancing I'd be impressed.  Had enough of idiotic swaggers when Captain Codpiece was in office.  It just looks silly.

I only used beer medicinally once, and that was when my milk wasn't dropping after giving birth.  I held my nose, drank half a water glass of beer (about two ounces, maybe, if that), and very shortly thereafter was standing by my baby's crib wondering if she would wake up soon because I suddenly had milk to spare.

Beer to get the milk to drop is an old midwives' remedy... and it actually works.   (My dad's mother - my paternal grandmother - was a midwife; she died when I was an infant so I don't remember her; my mother learned this info from her and told me to try it.)

by NonnyO on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 12:35:18 PM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Beer (1+ / 0-)
              Recommended by:
              NonnyO

Is there any problem it can't solve?

by blue aardvark on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 03:04:20 PM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Prolly not... (0+ / 0-)

I would have liked to try a sip of honey mead at some point.  The name of it sounds good.

A couple of ounces of beer to solve a "medical" issue would not have occurred to me until it happened.  Except for sipping beer once before that only to find out I didn't like it, I still think the stuff tastes vile.  [What do I know?  I get a three day migraine from the smallest amounts (1-2 sips, actually) of any grain-based alcoholic beverages.  After being tested, I found out I'm allergic to the pollens for several grains - so that allergy made sense.  I didn't like the taste of them, either, so I've gone through life sober.]

by NonnyO on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 04:45:19 PM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Well, I sorta agree, but some bullies, (7+ / 0-)

like Dick Cheney, apparently manage to dream up their own ways to screw people.  Christie has apparently now found his rather substantial behind is going to be gnawed off because he got caught...complicit...whether he dreamed it up or not.
    I'm hoping for the felony charges and a legislature to boot his butt out of office so all this won't be at taxpayer expense.

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis. - Dante Alighieri

by Persiflage on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 02:45:05 AM PST

•  Well he said this.... (9+ / 0-)
    "I am not a focus-group tested or blow-dried candidate..."
    And that is a fact. He is certainly no candidate. He is an elected official.

But he, like the rest of the GOP, is not representing "The People."

This better be good. Because it is not going away.

by DerAmi on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 02:52:27 AM PST

•  When yesterday's lies (9+ / 0-)

get some attention, this story is going to keep getting attention.
    Christie thought that a marathon press conference would allow him to say: "I answered every question".

However, he lied several times, and questioning those apparent lies is going to shine a light of disinfectant on this steaming pile of shit he now owns.

Wildstein pleaded the fifth and his lawyer said he would answer "some questions" (not all) if he were given immunity in both NY and NJ.

That means his answers would make him criminally complicit, and the question we all need to ask the Governor:

"Why didn't you question your staff before firing them?"

We've been spelling it wrong all these years. It's actually: PRO-GOP-ANDA

by Patriot4peace on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 03:29:18 AM PST

•  "I don't care" (3+ / 0-)

During the presser, Christie said that he didn't care what his underlings' reasons were. He didn't talk to them to find out how in hell this happened. Just fired them.

A real man who takes quick action.

But that's a stonewall. His quick action was just trying to slough off blame onto someone else. Get rid of the "bad apples." Window dressing.

Otherwise, he would call people on the carpet, dress them down, and find out what their thinking was, why they did these things in his name, why they did nasty, perhaps criminal things to the citizens they were charged to help, to uplift, and to protect.

But instead, he just kicked them out and didn't talk to them. No administrative introspection, no self-analysis, no meaningful action to come from an investigation of why and how and who.

I just hope that these new chinks in his armor will embolden those whom he yells at to yell right back at him.

•  Oh really, it's even easier than that (0+ / 0-)

No one can say with a straight face that this was Bridget's brain child.  The guys at the Port Authority don't take orders from her.  She was just the messenger.

If I know that, Christie knows that.

Anyone not himself complicit, anyone honestly wanting to find the real bad apples, goes on a jihad to find the real culprit.

It is at least his CofS, the guy now up for State Atty General.  Nice.  I think it's all of them.  No one does something this egregious, in an administration so tightly controlled from the top, w/o approval from the top.

Remember: this was not a 4-day tie-up.  The plan was to make it last longer.  It was ended because the NY guys at the PA stopped it.  The NJ Christie appointees at the PA were furious, and planned "retaliation."

Just how much hell had they intended to rain down on Ft Lee?

•  Follow the money. (9+ / 0-)

Believe: closing GW bridge lanes was not about whether Mayor Sokolich endorsed him.

Don't believe: it's a mystery.

Hammering Fort Lee was about intimidating local government to get them to quiet the School Board. That's consistent with delaying the shutdown to September so it came at the first day of school.

Fort Lee is one of the cities and towns fighting Christie about Special Ed schools. Christie has gone 4 years moving Special Ed students over to more expensive privatized schools.

This includes, literally, stealing the schools. Special Ed schools are run by the State of New Jersey on state land. Local officials have no direct control over what State of New Jersey does with these schools.

Privatization under Christie doubles the cost per student, which falls on local school boards and their taxpayers.

Consider the Special Ed facility known as Secaucus Regional School. This operation when it ran at or near capacity cost $43,000 a student for severely disabled students. These are kids who require one aide per student, plus the normal classroom teacher and school overhead.

Privatized schools cost more than $90,000 per student to provide similar environments.

$43,000 vs. $90,000 is sweet for the crooks.

Christie whined about his school taxes -- his kids go to private schools, so public school money is theft to him. Also this is anti-union, so it's irresistible.

So now the Secaucus Regional School is down to a handful of students. School boards seeking to place disabled students there are turned away by a political-hack administrator. The land under that school is valued at roughly $2,000,000. Fort Lee / Bergen County have a similar situations and there's more money involved.

Attacking Fort Lee was intimidation, rooted in money. Typical with a Republican thug governor.

Christie's Bridgegate Scandal Is About Privatization Money. Not The "Endorsement Payback" Camouflage

•  he's a sadistic Republican/inadequate (4+ / 0-)

honor the treaties honor the honorable

by renzo capetti on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 04:05:36 AM PST

•  He's an attention whore (4+ / 0-)

Which is why he gave an hour and 48 minute press conference. We see these types all the time. Sometimes they are murderers, handcuffed and being led to jail, smirking as the cameras cover their misdeeds. We saw the same thing from Bernie Madoff, smirking as he was being taken away, pleased that his evil mug was getting press coverage.

Ultimately, these types don't give a ratsass if they get caught. They prefer NOT to get caught. But as long as they are famous/infamous, they are pleased with themselves. It's all about Christie.

•  We all owe Christie a vote of thanks (7+ / 0-)

Geezus I thought they'd never stop talking about Duck Dynasty.

Happy just to be alive

by exlrrp on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 05:19:15 AM PST

•  today on Morning Joe.... (2+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      exlrrp, PrahaPartizan

Joe kept trying to dredge up the failed scandals of the IRS in Cincinnati (who turned out to just be doing their job) and Benghazi (which turns out be a mess, but hardly one no one in the administration apologized for.)

The difference is these folks were personally close to Christie.  And what happened was directly linked to them, and very petty.

In IRS scandal, there is a long chain of command with no direct records telling folks to investigate the taxes.  And honestly, all those organizations SHOULD have had their taxes investigated.  Nonprofits shouldn't be using most of their funds for lobbying and campaigning.  But at least this could be considered vindictive, except left wing groups were also audited.

And in Benghazi, there was a poorly fortified regional mission that faced a riot and folks lost their lives.  Room to explore why and improve security, but no one denied it was a failure or didn't take responsibility.

If the White House chief of staff were working to break into a campaign office to bug it, that might be comparably petty or linked to the office of the President.

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad. Aldous Huxley

by murrayewv on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 05:41:57 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Chris Christie Believes Chris Christie (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    murrayewv, stagemom, LaFeminista

One thing that we are overlooking here is how absolutely toxic the political environment is in New Jersey these days. He thinks he is innocent of real abuses, because this is how the game is played here, day in and day out.

Democratic legislative leaders are right now holding up our mayor's plan to make changes to the Jersey City pension program -- not because they disagree with it -- but because they are punishing him for some past infraction that honestly no one else really even remembers.

The Port Authority takes the PATH subway line out of service on and off to punish our mayor. The mayor sues the Port Authority for back taxes. Services are stopped and restarted on all levels depending on whether your local government is "in" or "out" of whatever clique is on the ascendancy in Trenton.

So -- he thinks he's just doing the best job he can and that he's playing the game.

This doesn't excuse what he did.

I think it's just evidence that you don't want a bigwig politician from New Jersey to run for national office.

"I'll believe that corporations are people when I see Rick Perry execute one."

by bink on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 05:25:46 AM PST

•  According to Buono (0+ / 0-)

Christie has taken the business-as-usual of Jersey politics and elevated to heights unknown and scary.

Sometimes it's just a matter of degree, but this guy, with his ambitions and temperament, I think it's gone beyond the pale

•  Even if Kelly, Wildstein or O'Dowd came up (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    stagemom, a2nite, LaFeminista

With the idea, of course they had to have run it by Christie first, for two reasons;

1) to curry favor with the boss. These are A type personalities who exist to further their careers, and they NEED to get credit for every 'great' idea.

2) the whole bully/frat/payback mentality that clearly existed in the Christie Coven DEMANDS that a good payback/prank be known by everyone, to share the laughs and the satisfaction of 'getting' the target. Pranks are no fun if they're done in a vacuum, they need the laughter and approval of the whole gang.

"You don't know me, but I'm your brother - I was raised here in this living Hell. You don't know my kind in your world - fairly soon, the time will tell." - Doobies

by Fordmandalay on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 06:15:21 AM PST

•  The Kelly email makes it clear (1+ / 0-)
      Recommended by:
      Fordmandalay

that Wildstein was acting on orders from Christie's staff.  Whoever had the idea first does not matter, it's who had the authority to make the decision, and did make the decision.

It is equally clear that it was not Kelly who was the decider, as Wildstein and his PA authority don't take orders from deputy chief-of-staffers.

At the very least, it came from the Chief of Staff, the guy now up to be the top law enforcer in the state, very pretty.  But I agree with you, I see no way in hell this was not approved by Christie himself

•  So THAT'S the traffic study! (3+ / 0-)
    How many thrown bodies are required to impede motion of a bog-standard bus?

by blue aardvark on Fri Jan 10, 2014 at 07:33:13 AM PST

•  The amazing thing about this "scandal" is (0+ / 0-)

that somebody apparently thought that tangling up motor traffic for the general public was a good way to retaliate against an opposition politician.
       I'll grant that this type of thinking is similar to economic sanctions against the people of a country because we don't like the government, but still...
       The Governor (or his toadies) screwing up traffic to embarrass a local official? That is really bizarre.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site